Part-time Licensed Counselor - Remote - New York
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is actively seeking a Counselor to join their team in supporting AUC students during their clinical years.
This non-academic post will provide individual, couple, family, and group counseling to a diverse academic community of medical students and their families. Additional responsibilities will include assessment, crisis intervention, workshop development and facilitation, outreach, and consultation with other AUC professionals and programs. Flexible work hours, mostly outside of regular business hours (i.e., evenings/weekends), 12-14 hours per week.
- Provide individual, couple, family, and group counseling to third and fourth year medical students and family members;
- Provide crisis intervention, assessment, and on-call services;
- Provide services outside of regular business hours (i.e., nights and weekends)
- Develop and implement mental health promotion and outreach activities;
- Consult with other AUC departments, programs, and professionals;
- Provide guidance in career exploration, academic development, and other career related issues;
- Participate in on-going professional development, departmental, and AUC professional meetings; and
- Other duties, as assigned by the Clinical Sciences Wellness Counselor and/or the Associate Dean for Student Affairs
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Terminal degree in Counseling or a closely related field (e.g., Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy,) required;
- Licensure/certification (or its equivalent) in the state of New York and currently practicing in New York
- Ability to administer and interpret evidenced-based behavioral health assessments commensurate with licensure;
- Excellent computer and written and oral communication skills;
- Strong leadership and in-depth knowledge about the clinical practice of counseling;
- Active participation in professional associations;
- Documented record of culturally competent clinical experience.
- Experience in a collegiate or university counseling center preferred.
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is an international medical school preparing physicians for careers in the United States, Canada, and worldwide. We believe that today’s complex healthcare landscape requires a different type of doctor, one who is globally minded and capable of working as part of a cohesive team to deliver empathetic, extraordinary care to diverse patient populations. AUC employs a U.S. model curriculum with two years of medical sciences taught at our St. Maarten campus, followed by two years of clinical sciences taught at affiliated hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom. AUC is proud to have more than 7,000 alumni eligible for licensure in all 50 states and practicing medicine as chief residents, department chairs, program directors, researchers, entrepreneurs, and community advocates.
AUC’s mission is to train tomorrow’s physicians whose service to their communities and patients is enhanced by international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. Learn more about AUC, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.aucmed.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.